Monday, December 28, 2015

Extra Credit Unit--100 Plein Air Studies Introduction

If you look into the past of the successful painter you will find square miles of canvas behind him.
~Charles Hawthorne


Painting en plein air in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, August 2015.
I took a plein air workshop from Phil Stark in May 2015.  One of his mantras is that plein air work is practice, and you shouldn't expect to be any good until you have painted at least 100 studies (I'm paraphrasing here, probably poorly).  Here's a link to Phil's blog.  There is a ton of great information on his site, and if you get the chance to take a workshop from him, I highly recommend it.

So, on the days that I can, I will work on my 100 studies.  I will post them as I complete them--the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Hopefully the hundredth will look better than the first.  

Here's my Pinterest board of materials I use when painting en plein air.

       Follow Monique's board Plein Air Painting Materials on Pinterest.

You can access all of the lessons in this unit from the Index of Lessons page here.

As always, please subscribe to follow along or join in.  I'd love to meet you--please introduce yourself in the comments.  Also, your feedback is most appreciated.  Leave your questions, comments, and hate mail below.  (I won't post the hate mail, ha!)  Thanks for stopping by.  Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment